We would welcome applications from people with the following skills, experience and interests:
- Previous experience in a Secondary school sector, ideally as a Head or Deputy Head Teacher.
- Commitment and interest in our children’s future and improving educational outcomes
- Inquisitiveness to read paperwork, analyse and question
- Good inter-personal skills and the ability to work as a team
The following skills and experience would be beneficial but are not essential:
- Experience of being a Governor or Trustee in another school or being a board member in another sector.
- Awareness of the key aspects of national education policy and education locally.
- Experience of financial planning, monitoring, decision making and compliance in the school sector.
- Experience of inspection and oversight in the school sector.
Being a Trustee is a very rewarding role and is a great addition to a CV. Supporting the school and pupils, and have the opportunity to give something back to the community. There are extensive training opportunities available to Trustees, a lot of which can be transferable. Our Board of Trustees is made up of parent, co-opted and member appointed trustees. The Board operates at a strategic level and is not involved in the day-to-day running of the school.
For further information and an informal discussion about becoming a Trustee, please do not hesitate to contact Lauren Wilson, Clerk to the Board on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01243 792690.
Please note that all Trustees are subject to an enhanced DBS Check and must complete an annual declaration.