The School has a diverse co-curricular provision to ensure your child enjoys school life and receives a complete education that meets their needs and interests. Towards the end of each school term the School publishes the extended day timetable for the forthcoming term.
The summer term club timetable is published here.
A commitment of a term is expected and where an activity is course-based, pupils must reach the end of a module in order to progress to the next level.
Co-curricular clubs or Supervised Study are not compulsory but, in line with our school’s ethos, we would like your child to participate in at least one activity a week, whether in school or as part of an outside club, such as a sport, music, or performance club. We recognise the importance of children’s activities and would much rather support your child in participation outside of school than insist they attend a club in school if this is not appropriate.
The extended day programme follows the school timetable, Monday to Friday which includes days when activities don't run such as the Year 7 Open Evening, Sports Day and the very last day of the School year. These dates are included on the termly club timetable.
Any queries regarding co-curricular activities can be directed to the Co-Curricular Officer, Sue Moon on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Club Dates
Thursday 1 April: Timetable published on the website
Monday 5 April at 0900: School Cloud opens for 1 club booking per child.
Thursday 8 April at 0700: Remaining club places released and supervised study bookings also open on School Cloud.
Tuesday 13 April at 1300: School Cloud closes - no more bookings or amendments can be made.
Tuesday 20 April: All clubs start unless stated on the club timetable.
Thursday 15 July: Last day of clubs
How to book
You will be required to log into your School Cloud account, https://chichesterfree.schoolcloud.co.uk/ assign your child to a club or supervised study and give permission. Your child’s place will then show as confirmed on School Cloud. Please note that all the external clubs are Free of Charge to book a place BUT you will need to pay the full club subscription to the club provider by the booking deadline. Any internal clubs that require a subscription will appear on ParentPay once bookings have closed.
Club cancellations: In the case that a club is cancelled at very short notice, we will ensure that your child remains on site and will be supervised until pick up at 1630. For Secondary pupils this will be in Supervised Study.
Once Clubs are full: We are unable to operate a waiting list once the clubs are full,. However, if a place does become available, this will only show on School Cloud whilst the booking system is still open so please do keep checking back on School Cloud until the closing date of Tuesday 13 April.
To ensure that clubs are an enjoyable and enriching experience, by giving permission to an activity you and your child are agreeing to adhere to the following commitments:
- School Cloud closes on Tuesday 13 April. After this date, parents contact details will be passed to the appropriate external provider so invoices can be generated. If full payment has not been made by the payment deadline, your child will lose their place on that club and be expected to go home on that day.
- There will be a ‘One Warning’ system in place for any poor behaviour. If a warning is issued parents will be contacted and your child's place for that club is at risk. On the second occasion of poor behaviour your child will be removed from the club and will need to go home at 1520 (Primary) or 1530 (Secondary) on that day for the rest of the term. There will be no refund for any monies received for that club. Examples of poor behaviour are given below, but this list is not exhaustive:
- Rudeness during club time or to the club provider or other club participants
- Refusal to join in
- Inadequate/wrong clothing
- Not following instructions/causing disruption
- Intentionally causing risk of harm/injury to self or another participant
- Any form of damage to school property/property of the providers/property of other participant
- Once you have booked your place and/or paid for your club in full, the club choices will then be programmed into your child’s timetable and, for Secondary pupils, will appear on Satchel One. Once timetabled, attendance is compulsory, unless cancelled by the school. Any attendance issues must be reported to the school in the normal way through email@example.com so that the register can be coded correctly to avoid parents receiving a non-attendance warning email. A record will be kept for un-notified non-attendance and on the second occurrence of this your child will be removed from the register for the rest of the term and expected to leave site at the end of the school day. Places will be secured for those who have notified us of absences due to reasons such as illness.
- Late Pick Up Charges. All clubs finish as 1630 (unless stated on the club timetable). If your Primary child has not been collected by 1640 they will remain on site and you will receive a school invoice through ParentPay of £5 per every 10 minutes after 1640 that your child remains on the school site. How children go home after school is not the School's responsibility so car shares must make sure that they communicate if there are changes to any pick ups.
- The School gate is closed after the 1530 pick up and not opened again until 1625. So Primary pupils are unable to leave mid way through a club to attend an appointment elsewhere as there are no available staff to escort them off site. Therefore, if a Primary pupil has an external appointment, they must leave School at the end of the normal School day and this must be confirmed to the Attendance Officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.